16 year old detained 30 times in 3 years, his mother battered

  • actual
  • 10:11 19 November 2020
  • |
img

MARDİN – Mother Felak A. whose son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years, went to the police station to get her son. She was battered by the police at the police station and filed a criminal complaint about the police. 

 
A family in Mardin's Nusaybin district whose son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years and pressured by the police to spy on his friends and family is having a hard time. It all started when their house was raided by the police in March 2018. His father Sait A. was detained during a raid on their home with the accusation of 'being a member of a terrorist organization' and placed under arrest. Their family home was raided again following the arrest of the father and the police have been detaining him time and time again since then.
 
Police officer Yaşar Ç. and the accompanying officers working for the Anti-Terror Unit, detained F.A 30 times without a warrant and threatened him into spying on his family and friends. F.A told his family about the harassment but the police officers continued to harass F.A.
 
POLICE FORCES HIM TO TESTIFY
 
After a graffiti had been done in Nusaybin recently, police officer Yaşar A. and other officers went to F.A's workplace at the TOKİ Housing Complex where he works with his brother on November 16. The police forcibly detained F.A without a warrant and took him to District Security Directorate. Accusing  5 people of doing the graffiti and showing F.A their names, police who held F.A at the basement of the police station, forced him to testify against them. 
 
MOTHER FELAK WAS BATTERED
 
Having heard that her son was held by force by Yaşar Ç., mother Felak went to the police station. Mother Felak who heard her son's voice coming from the basement, told she wants to file a criminal complaint. Police officer Yaşar Ç. who rushed upstairs grabbed her, and pinned her to the wall while squeezing her throat.
 
Taking her son from the police station, mother Felak went to the Nusaybin Chief Public Prosecutor's Office to file a criminal complaint. 
 
She was later referred to the hospital by the prosecutor to get an assautlt report. Mother Felak later went back to the court house and filed a criminal complaint about the battery and her son being threatened.
 
Speaking to Mesopotamia Agency (MA), mother Felak told that the police have been hunting them for the last 3 years.
 
Mother Felak said: "My son is threatened by the police on a daily basis. The police tells him to be their 'man' and that they will pay him for testifying against the people they target. They threaten him to close down the family business. They detain him everytime because he rejects. But there is no warrant for his detention or anything."
 
'I HEARD HIS VOICE COMING FROM THE BASEMENT'
 
Mother Felak who told that he heard his son voice coming from the basement when she went to the police station, said: "He was screaming. He was saying that he didn't know the people they showed him. I asked what he was doing at the basement and they attacked me. There are camera records if they haven't erased it. They told me' Terrorist, what are you doing here' and they insulted and beat me. I got an assault report and filed a criminal complaint."
 
'WE ARE THE STATE, YOU ARE THE TERRORISTS'
 
Stating that the police threatened to shut down their family business, Felak told that the police said 'The Municipality will do as we say. We are the state, you are the terrorists'.
 
Noting that her son has been detained 30 times over the last 3 years, mother Felak said: "They take him, pressure him and let him go. There are ne records of his detention because there is no warrant for his detention. It's totally arbitrary. Once I called the police station when they took my son, asked Yaşar Ç. on the phone. I told him if he doesn't take my son home in ten minutes I would go to the Provincial Security Directorate. He took my son home in ten minutes. I'm afraid my son make some poor choices as a result of this pressures."
 
 
MA / Ahmet Kanbal
 

View More Articles

01/09/2022
12:03 HDP starts to campaign swing
11:12 Tree cutting accelerated in the Besta Region
31/08/2022
15:23 There will be a march to Mount Cudi against the plunder of nature
14:38 Video of tree plunder in Afrin released
14:32 15th 'insult' investigation against Emine Şenyaşar
13:58 11 people detained in Hol Camp
13:44 The mother who started the sit-in for her arrested son was hospitalized
12:58 Assassination of Mamoste Shemal: Those who fight for freedom are targeted
10:57 Bones of a son delivered in a sack: Nothing changed in Turkey
30/08/2022
16:22 YBŞ: 2 of our fighters were injured in the attack
15:15 Marînus forests have been burning for 3 days
14:49 Death toll in Iraq increased to 25
13:57 Military operation in Bagok
13:38 Operation against ISIS continues:23 people injured
13:23 Random fire from soldiers in the operation
12:57 Şenyaşar family: Justice will prevail
12:56 At least 15 dead, 350 injured in Iraq
11:44 KNK member Uzun: OPCW applies double standards
10:11 There has been no news from the battered prisoner for 4 days
29/08/2022
16:27 People condemned Turkey's attacks in Makhmur
15:38 Police barrier to journalists following Şenyaşar's sit-in
15:11 Road was asphalted after cutting trees and military tower
14:59 Turkey bombed Makhmur: 1 dead
14:49 Arslan's bones were delivered in a bag after 7 years
13:22 Turkey bombed Mahmur
13:08 Attorney Öztürk: Abdullah Öcalan's philosophy cannot be isolated
27/08/2022
17:35 Dissolution of parliament to be discussed in Iraq
16:51 Operation against ISIS launched on Qereçox Mountain
16:45 Soylu's promise to "end the PKK" for the 41st times: 29 October 2023
13:53 Hunger strike in Van and Beşikdüzü prisons: The prisoners' demands should be accepted
12:58 Call to solidarity night: Journalists are not alone
11:59 Şenyaşar family: we want justice for everyone
11:29 The prisoners, who caught in corona in Van prison, aren't treated
25/08/2022
16:24 Attack on Turkey's base in Bashika
15:38 Şenyaşar family made the police take a step back!
14:52 Application for meeting with Abdullah Öcalan
14:29 Prisoners has been on hunger strike for 42 days
14:04 6 kolbars died in a month
24/08/2022
16:12 Makbule Özer was transferred to Istanbul ATK
14:54 Şenyaşar family: We are not in the same boat
14:29 Social rights of imprisoned journalists are blocked
13:34 Drone attack on Til Rifat
13:19 Military operation launched in Aşkita region
13:06 'Russia, the USA and the International Coalition are responsible for the attacks'
23/08/2022
16:37 There is no intervention in the forest fire that has been going on for 12 days in Hakkari
16:01 The number of prisoners on hunger strike in Urfa rose to 30
14:45 KESK with Şenyaşar family at the sit-in
13:07 No news from Abdullah Öcalan for 17 months
12:51 Prisoners' relatives: Treat our children
12:08 The allegation that Firdevs Babat was murdered with a ranger's gun