Prison negligence in Bilgin's death: Judicial process should be started

  • actual
  • 16:23 21 February 2022
  • |
img
ANKARA - Stating that the judicial process should be initiated regarding the negligence in the death of ill prisoner Mehmet Hanefi Bilgin, his elder brother Veysel Bilgin called for the death of his brother to be revealed.
 
In the letter sent to the Human Rights Association (İHD) by the cell mates of Mehmet Hanefi Bilgin, who died in Bolu Type F Closed Prison on January 30, just 5 months before his release, the other prisoners told about the negligence of the prisoners. Bilgin had been transferred from prison to prison in 29. In the letter they sent, Bilgin's cell mates, Ahmet Abdi İbrahim and Cabbar Palabıyık, drew attention to the increase in Covid cases in prison and stated that there were many detainees in quarantine and that they had some symptoms 2-3 days before Bilgin's death. Explaining that they were not taken to the infirmary despite their symptoms, İbrahim and Palabıyık stated that the prison administration did not take the necessary precautions.
 
Bilgin's elder brother Veysel Bilgin stated that it is unacceptable not to take his brother to the doctor even though he was known to be ill, and said that if the prisoner's have a right to be released when they have less than a year to serve in prison but he was prevented from using that right, which eventually casued his death. Bilgin said: "They prevented his release. If he was released we would be able to get him treated and he wouldn't die."
 
HE WAS HAPPY HE WOULD FINALLY BE FREE
 
Stating that they were happy his brother was going to be released, Bilgin said: "He was going to see his family after 30 years in prison and we couldn't see him. They didn't let him see his family one more time before he died."
 
Explaining that they were speaking to his brother about the day he would be released, Bilgin said: "My brother was missing his hometown a lot. He told that he missed us a lot and he described how he imagined the our village, the nature, the trees, everything. 
 
NEGLIGENCE LEADS TO DEATH
 
Emphasizing that necessary precautions should be taken for ill prisoners, Bilgin said, “Health problems are not something to be neglected. It creates situations that will result in death when neglected, as in my brother. We are sad, I don't know how to get over this pain I feel inside. My mother spends her days without eating or drinking in grief."
 
REQUEST FOR INVESTIGATION 
 
Underlining that the legal process should be carried out against those who were negligent in the death of his brother, Bilgin said, “If there is a real negligence regarding my brother, legal action should be initiated. We want those responsible to be revealed."
 

View More Articles

08/02/2023
14:22 WHO Declared 'Level 3 Emergency'
14:21 Earthquake victims marched to the governorship in Adıyaman
14:21 Message 'we are alive' from under the rubble, but there is no rescue team!
13:16 JMO President Önalan: If precautions were taken, it would not be so devastating
12:31 Citizens look for food and water in half-destroyed İslahiye
12:21 Earthquake Victims: A city was destroyed
10:59 Where were the earthquake taxes of the people spent?
10:16 Third day of the earthquake: The overall death toll is 6 thousand 234
08:54 State of Emergency decision in the Official Gazette
07/02/2023
18:54 Investigation against journalists after the state of emergency
18:29 Tayip Temel: Government turns the disaster into an opportunity with the state of emergency
16:34 After 36 hours, search and rescue team is at the wreckage
16:03 State of Emergency declared in 10 provinces of earthquake zone
15:21 Search and rescue efforts in Iskenderun started after 30 hours
14:11 No team, no news from districts and villages
13:43 Entrance to Maraş, Hatay and Adıyaman been stopped
13:26 Request for help from under the rubble in Adıyaman
12:41 Condemnation the claim of Erdoğan that 'AFAD has arrived': They took a picture and left
12:20 After the earthquake in Çukurova: There is no state
12:06 The second day of the earthquake: Public condemned government
11:15 A collapse occurred on the walls of Diyarbakır
10:20 The death toll climbed to 3 thousand 381
10:02 First night in Malatya: We were left alone
09:30 Half of İslahiye was destroyed!
09:24 The number of people who lost their lives increased to 2 thousand 379
09:10 People are under rubble in Semsûr: No search and rescue efforts
06/02/2023
18:25 WHO: We are concerned about the regions that we cannot hear from
17:29 New balance sheet from AFAD: 1121 people lost their lives
17:01 People march to the governorship in Diyarbakır
16:30 Kenanoğlu: Earthquake zones cannot be reached except by helicopter
16:23 AFAD: 1014 people lost their lives
15:11 EU countries and Russia send rescue teams to Turkey
15:01 Another 7.5 magnitude earthquake in Maraş
14:51 Erdoğan: 912 people died in the earthquake so far
14:44 84-year earthquake state OF Turkey: 56 thousand 65 people lost their lives
14:07 Call from KCK for mobilization for earthquake
14:01 HDP established a Crisis Coordination Center for the earthquake
11:39 The Netherlands-based research center warned Turkey on February 3!
11:29 Severe earthquakes in Kurdistan: 284 deaths, thousands of people under rubble
11:09 Gemlik march postponed: Emergency call for earthquake victims
10:54 Maraş earthquake: 237 people lost their lives in Syria
09:54 Maraş Governor: The damage is serious
09:53 140 buildings were destroyed in Malatya, 23 people lost their lives
08:33 Many people are under rubble in Diyarbakır: Search and rescue teams are insufficient
08:24 Earthquake in Kurdistan: At least 76 dead
08:18 Severe earthquakes in Kurdistan: Hundreds of buildings collapsed in many cities
05/02/2023
17:08 Konca: Women complete the project of Abdullah Öcalan
17:05 Şenyaşar family: All we need in this process is solidarity
12:21 Kurdish language removed from appliacation form of elective courses
04/02/2023
16:32 Seriously ill prisoner liberated after 30 years