Provocation in the ward of political prisoners in Elazığ Prison

  • actual
  • 14:47 20 January 2023
  • |
img
DİYARBAKIR - Six political prisoners in Elazığ Prison No. 2 continue their hunger strike against the discomfort caused by the judicial prison and the insensitivity of the administration to the issue. 
 
The administration of Prison No. 2 in Elazığ put Hanefi Şanda, a judicial prisoner who has severe psychological problems and uses 8 different antidepressants a day, in the ward where political prisoners are held. Political prisoners went on an indefinite alternating hunger strike on January 10, against Şanda, who could not take care of herself, could not meet her needs, and harmed those in the ward, against stopping the execution or placing her in their own wards instead of being transferred to a hospital. Mahsun Sarp, Abuzer Doymaz, Mesut Yaşasin, Savaş Geçirgen, Kendal Barut and Mehmet Siyaç Dinç took part in the first group of the hunger strike.
 
THREAT FROM THE MASTER GUARDIAN
 
The prisoners reached the MED Federation of Legal and Solidarity Associations of Prisoners and Convicts Families (MED TUHAD-FED) and noted that they did not take Şanda from the ward despite all the objections of the prison and Mahsun Sarp, one of the prisoners who objected to this, was beaten by the guards.
 
The MED TUHAD-FED administration, which examined the complaints from the prisoners on the spot, observed that Şanda harmed political prisoners in the wards where she was placed. The prisoners interviewed by the association management made the following complaints: " Hanefi Şanda was placed in the ward of prisoners Mahsun Sarp and Ercan Adlım on January 10, 2023, at around 14.20. Şanda, who has severe psychological disorders, damages things. He does not eat, go to toilet and bathroom. They don't have habits like common living spaces. He has changed 20 rooms so far. We demanded either that Şanda be sent to the hospital or that his execution be stopped, but our demands were rejected by saying "We cannot take this to any place. If we take it to other judicial offices, they will rape it. There was an argument by the prison administration with the political prisoners Mahsun Sarp and Ercan Adlım; thereupon, a group of prison guards, including the chief guards, threatened, saying, 'We are the state, you will do whatever we say."
 
THE PRISONER WAS BEATEN FOR 20 MINUTES 
 
Stating that Mahsun Sarp was beaten for about 20 minutes by the guards and that prisoner Ercan Adlım, who is 69 years old, witnessed this incident, the prisoner said: “Mahsun Sarp's shirt was covered in blood. He is experiencing constant dizziness due to this event. The health workers in the infirmary said that he doesn't know if he made these marks, and Sarp's transfer to the hospital was prevented. Sarp, who was insulted by the prison guards, filed a criminal complaint against those concerned. During the meeting with Sarp, it was observed that he was taken to the infirmary 24 hours after he was beaten, and that he was insulted at all stages."
 
On the other hand, it was learned that political prisoners in prison applied to the Ministry of Justice with a petition for the treatment of Hanefi Sanda or for the suspension of his execution.
 

View More Articles

01/03/2024
12:20 Lawyer Çiçek detained
11:33 Story of self-defense
10:24 Rebuilt life by overcoming obstacles in Cûdî
29/02/2024
18:53 March 8 cards sent to imprisoned women
15:07 Release decision for journalist Karakaş
13:35 Objections of journalists subjected to house arrest and judicial control rejected
13:23 Release decision for journalist Müftüoğlu
13:22 Lawyers apply to go to Imralı
12:48 Journalist Sedat Yılmaz acquitted
12:45 Hunger strike in prisons on its 95th day
12:43 Journalist Keser's lawyer: The arrest warrant is an attack on freedom of expression
12:41 No news from journalist Ahmet detained by KDP for 128 days
12:14 Lawyer Acun: The infrastructure for Abdullah Ocalan's freedom has been created
11:22 Being 'woman' in Palestine itself a struggle
28/02/2024
18:30 3 prisoners on hunger strike exiled
15:43 Femicide: 8 women murdered in 1 day
14:55 Iran massacred Kurdish kolbar
14:38 Repeated air strikes on Dêrik
14:34 No news from journalist Ahmet detained by KDP for 127 days
14:33 Hunger strike in prisons on its 94th day
14:00 Health violations experienced by 12 women prisoners
12:33 Solidarity call from DFG and TGS for Müftüoğlu
11:54 'Art creates a peaceful city'
11:52 Women found their identity in Northern and Eastern Syria
10:02 PIRHA reporter Keser arrested
27/02/2024
18:50 Confidentiality order imposed on files of 3 journalists detained in Wan
12:31 Hunger strike in prisons on its 93rd day
12:22 'Solution' declaration signatories: Obstacles to Abdullah Ocalan must be abolished
12:14 Abdullah Ocalan's 55-year marathon: Dolmabahçe Agreement
11:24 Kurdish women's struggle for existence: Organization is changing
10:56 Journalists detained in Wan
26/02/2024
21:00 Aktaş and Yavuzel were commemorated with a march
18:34 114 years in the footsteps of Rosa Luxemburg: The struggle has become global, we continue on our way
17:41 Bakırhan: We made a people's alliance against the JITEM alliance
17:05 Türkoğlu: We are going to March 8 with the motto 'Always resistance, always freedom'
16:16 Ban on Mount Gabar extended for the 5th time
16:15 It reveals that the child who was said to have committed suicide 19 years ago was murdered
16:14 219th issue of Xwebûn is out
16:13 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 125 days
16:09 Hunger in prisons on its 92nd day
25/02/2024
18:58 Bayındır: If you want solution, the interlocutor is Abdullah Ocalan
17:55 'Democracy and Freedom' rally in Esenyurt
12:14 Jin Magazine's topic this week equal representation and co-chairship
12:12 Prisoners' protest its third month
12:05 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 124 days
11:56 What do NGOs think about the solution of the Kurdish issue?
11:37 There has been no news from Abdullah Ocalan for 36 months
11:26 Müftüoğlu's hearing on February 29: Lawlessness must end
11:25 Comes from England to support Justice Watch
24/02/2024
17:31 No news from journalist detained by KDP for 123 days